7th Bratislava Young Polymer Scientists workshop
... follow the tradition of regular meetings of young scientists which we started in last few years. BYPoS workshop is oriented on all fields of macromolecular chemistry and provides the ideal possibility for young polymer scientists (Bc./MSc./PhD. students or young researchers up to 40 years) to present and discuss their results and knowledge in the field of polymer chemistry and incorporate to the group of young motivated people.
- Synthesis, modification and characterization of polymers
- Polymer blends, composites and processing of polymers
- Smart polymers and biopolymers
- Bio-related applications of polymers
- Polymer stability and degradation
- Physics of polymers (theory, modelling and simulation)
all these themes will be under the motto: "game with molecules"
- Assoc. Prof. Lucy Vojtova, Central European Institute of Technology - CEITEC, Brno University of Technology, Research Group: Advanced Polymers and Composites
title: Bio-inspired polymer-composite resorbable bone glue: synthesis, characterization and ex-vivo evaluation
- Dr. Jaroslav Mosnacek, Polymer Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
title: Copper Mediated Photochemically Induced ATRP
- prof. Christos N. Likos, Faculty of Physics, University of Vienna, Austria
title: Polymer flow and polymer topology: linear chains, rings and knots flow differently
- Dr. Zoran Markovic, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences, University of Beograde, Serbia
title: Biomedical application of carbon nanomaterials and graphene/polymer nanocomposites
- Dr. Alfréd Kállay-Menyhárd, Budapest University of Technology and Economics
title: Modeling of structure-property correlations in semicrystalline polymers
BYPoS will contain introductory lectures for each section.
All participants are called to have lectures.
Main lecture (invited speakers): 40 min. + 5 min. for discussion
Contributed lecture (all participants): 15 min. + 5 min. for discussion